Purple Hat offers a complete property management service from the first appraisal, to finding tenants, collecting rent, right through to the end of tenancy while ensuring voids are avoided or reduced. We ensure current legislation is adhered to and tenants comprehensively referenced to minimise any risk in your property business.
- Property Appraisal
- Comprehensive marketing of property
- Accompanied viewings
- Tenant referencing
- Tenancy agreements
- Arrange inventory/check-in and out*
- Negotiate tenancy renewals
- Collect and register deposit
- Collect rent and arrears management
- Collect and pay tax for non-resident landlords.
- Deposit return & disputes
- Quarterly inspections
- Manage repairs and maintenance**
- Schedule safety inspections**
- 24 hour emergency service
* The cost of the independent inventory is not included
** The cost of third party repairs, maintenance and safety inspections are not included in fees.
Your property may be in need of some work prior to or in between tenancies – this could be minor redecoration or full refurbishment. There may be major large repairs required from a new roof to replacement windows. At Purple Hat we have the know how and the experience to manage these projects to make sure you get the job done effectively, on time and to meet your budget.
- Preparing the specification of work.
- Sourcing and pre-qualify suitable contractors to tender for the work.
- Preparing the tender documents.
- Arranging site visits for the tendering contractors to see the property and discuss the scope of work.
- On receipt of tenders, submit the quotations and recommendations to the client.
- Agreeing terms, start date and payment schedule with the winning contractor.
- Preparing contract and arranging for signature.
- Providing the contractor with access to the property.
- Carry out weekly site visits and submit progress reports to the client.
- Issuing variations and extensions of time.
- Calculating final accounts.
- On completion obtaining all certification from contractor, snagging and issuing completion certificate.
- Sourcing additional carpet, furniture, fixtures and fittings where required.
As an experienced landlord you may some advice on current legislation, some help with financing, a second opinion about a new addition to your property portfolio. You may have a troublesome situation and you need some help with the legal framework and service of notices. Purple Hat’s property consultancy covers a whole range of situations.
- Holiday Cover
- 24 hour emergency service
- Additional inspections
- Arranging cleaning, maintenance or safety checks.
- Providing completed documents such as tenancy agreements and legal notices.
- Preparation of documents for legal proceedings and tenancy deposit disputes.
- Long term and short-term maintenance planning.
- Rent registrations.
Whether you’re looking for an investment property or a London home Purple Hat can help. Everyone has their own criteria and when it comes to your perfect property we certainly know one hat does not fit all. We work closely and collaboratively with our clients to ensure the all their requirements (whether they know them yet or not) are met.
- Ascertaining client criteria.
- Working with agents to source suitable properties.
- Negotiating best price.
- Liaising with agents and legal team.
- Reporting on costs, refurbishment potential and return on investment.
Get in touchPlease feel free to contact us for more information.
For your property or a prospective investment. The report includes:
- Preparation for letting
- Maximising your investment
- Current market intelligence on your area.
- Tenant profile for your property.